Regional Field Organizer
The Alaska Democratic Party (ADP) is hiring Regional Field Organizers for the 2016 campaign season. ADP’s grassroots infrastructure works to energize and empower local communities in support of the Democratic ticket.
Organizers are the core of the ADP field effort and will be responsible for working to elect Democrats up and down the ballot.
Regional Field Organizers will be based in Fairbanks, Anchorage and Juneau and will report to the Coordinated Campaign Director. Position runs until mid-November 2016.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers
- Implementing direct voter contact programs to motivate and mobilize voters, including phone banks, canvasses and voter registration drives
- Meeting voter contact and volunteer recruitment goals
- Conducting outreach to constituency groups, Democratic activists, and allied organizations
- Representing the campaign at community meetings and events
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Strong commitment to Democratic politics and ideals and enthusiasm for electing Democratic candidates in Alaska
- Great time management and organization skills
- Discipline and a solutions-oriented attitude toward tasks
- Ability to train and instruct volunteers
- Excellent listening skills and ability to speak and write effectively and professionally
- Strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in setting and achieving measurable targets, managing teams, and coordinating between multiple stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple priority projects and meet established timelines
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Experience with political campaigns, managing volunteers or building relationships with diverse groups of people.
Salary is competitive and includes health benefits. The Alaska Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer, and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campaign Managers & Staff
The Alaska Democratic Party is looking for individuals who are interested in working in Alaska this cycle as campaign managers and campaign staff for Democratic candidates for the state legislature and statewide offices.
Interested parties should send resume and cover letter summarizing interest and experience to Kay Brown, Executive Director, email@example.com.
The ADP will share these resumes with interested candidates, who will contact the applicants directly.