The Alaska Democratic Party is seeking organizers to build a diverse and robust organizing team in Alaska in 2018. Organizers are responsible for building a grassroots network of volunteers capable of turning out enough voters to deliver a margin of victory for statewide and legislative candidates.
Organizers will be responsible for various tasks focused on community engagement and capacity building. Organizers are high energy, outgoing, enthusiastic and willing to work long hours.
Your day-to-day will consist of:
- Meeting with grassroots leaders and activists to build strong relationships
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers to execute our voter contact strategy
- Planning and managing phone banks and canvasses
- Knocking on doors and making phone calls
- Building teams of volunteers to run our voter contact program and our get out the vote operation
- Daily progress reports
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Background:
- Proven track record of recruiting, organizing and inspiring effective volunteer teams
- Experience or eagerness to learn voter databases such as Votebuilder
- Must have access to a vehicle and cell phone
- Experience organizing and leading phone banks and canvasses
- Comfort, experience with, or eagerness to learn technology-based organizing tools such as Hustle, GoToMeeting, Mobilize
Skills, Characteristics, and Values:
- Acts with high integrity, professionalism, low ego, and camaraderie
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to work with people from different backgrounds
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing environment
Based as needed in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Mat-Su, Kenai Peninsula, and in Rural Alaska.
Salary is $3,000 per month including health insurance. Organizers are responsible for their own housing and transportation, though the party may be able to assist with accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Please submit your resume and three references to Helen Strain, Campaign Services Director, email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. Target start date is early September 2018 and will run through November 9, 2018.
The Alaska Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.